Sunday, March 3, 2019

OSW 5 & 6 Hugs and Sunshine

Here are two more cards in my series on Jessica Taylor's One Sheet Wonder template which can be found here:  https://www.inkitupwithjessica.com/how-to-make-one-sheet-wonder-cards/

These One Sheet Wonders really are helping me get my crafty mojo back.  They're also helping me find ways to reduce the pile of handmade backgrounds I've been accumulating.  Today's cards are simple and quick. Both use the 3" x 4" piece of patterned paper along with a background I made using shaving cream and Liquid Color.  I'm not certain which colors I used, but since I'm guessing, I'm going to say Lemon Drop and Lovely Blue.

When I was cleaning my craft room last week, I found some 4" x 5 1/2" card blanks by Recollections that I bought several years ago, so I decided to use those.

I started my fifth card in this series by adhering the patterned paper to the bottom of a card base, then I cut a 2 1/2" x 4" panel from my handmade background and glued it to the top. I added a strip of washi tape between the two for a border.  I used the Heart Felt die set to cut the large heart from Rich Coral cardstock and the small heart from Peaches and Cream cardstock  I then used a sponge dauber to shade the small heart with Rich Coral ink. That had the effect I had hoped it would and the small heart now matches the washi hearts fairly well.  I shaded the outer edge of the large heart with Raspberry Berry ink. The sentiment, which I stamped with Black Licorice ink is from the Inside & Out stamp set. I popped the small stamped heart up on foam squares and centered it on the large heart, then adhered the large heart to the front of the card.  I thought the bottom of the card needed something so I added a couple little heart jewels. They are from the Fire & Ice set from Fun Stampers Journey which has been discontinued.

My sixth card started in the same way, with the patterned paper on the bottom and another panel from the same background on the top. I used Black Jewel Border Dazzles from Paper Wishes for the border between the two panels.  I used the My Sunshine die set to cut the sun center from Pineapple Smoothie cardstock and the outer part of the sun from Summer Days cardstock. I inked the edges of the sun's center with Lemon Drop ink. I then popped it up on foam squares and adhered it to the sun outline.


I made the small banner using a 1" x 2 3/4" scrap of Pineapple Smoothie cardstock. The sentiment is also from the Inside & Out stamp set and is stamped with Black Licorice ink. That set is becoming one of my favorites. I matted the tag on a 1 1/4" x 3" piece of Limeade Splash cardstock. I adhered it to the front of the card, slightly below the border. I popped the sun up on foam squares and added it so the bottom just overlaps the banner. To finish it off I added a splattering of Sour Lemon Silk.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs. Headrick,

    Wonderfull cards.
    I tried to sent an email to you, but it came back undelivered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      That is strange that your email bounced, I just double checked my email links and they are working. Which one where you sending to?

      Delete