A friend asked me to make a card for her mother-in-law. She didn't give me any specifics but wanted something special. I must have changed the design at least 5 times before I finally settled on this easel card with quilled flowers.
I really love how it turned out. I used my Box Envelope Tool to generate the instructions for making the envelope for the card. This really wasn't as hard to put together as it may look. I think I could do a second one in far less time. The supply list is quite lengthy, but you could substitute quite a few of the items with something you have.
- Cut one 5" x 11" rectangle from Pretty Pansy card stock and score it at 6 1/4" and 9 3/8".
- Cut one 5" x 6 1/4" rectangles from Pretty Pansy card stock.
- Adhere the first and second rectangles to form the base of an easel card.
- Cut one 5" x 6" rectangles from Pretty Pansy card stock.
- Center and Adhere the 5 1/2" doily to the 5"x 6" panel. Wrap the left and right edges of the doily around to the back of the panel and secure with tape or white liner.
- Adhere the 5" x 6" rectangle to bottom flap of the easel card.
- Stamp the banner from the Easter Blessings stamp set onto Cool Pool carsdstock using Turbo Teal ink.
- Stamp "With Love" from the Dancing Wildflowers stamp set onto the Banner using Turbo Teal Ink
- Use the banner die for the Easter Blessings die set to cut out the banner.
- Pop up the banner onto Journey medium foam squares and adhere it to the inside of the card between 1.5 and 2" from the fold line.
- Cut a 4.75" x 6" rectangle from Banana Cream cardstock.
- Use Clear Pigment ink and to stamp the small flower cluster from the Love Life stamp set randomly across the panel, stamping some of the images off of the edges.
- Let the ink dry for a minute or two, then use a Sponge tool to sponge Pretty Pansy PanPastel over the entire surface to create a floral background.
- Adhere the 7.5" doily to the panel, aligned slightly below the center with the right side aligned just inside the right side of the panel (refer to photo). Wrap the edges around the panel and adhere them to the back with tape or White Liner
- Stamp the music score from the Fancy Patterns stamp set onto a scrap of white paper. Tear it out and ink with Ranger Tea Die Distress Ink. Adhere it to the lower right portion of the front panel.
- Center and adhere the panel to the front of the card.
- Print Happy Birthday Mom using size 28 ParkAvenue BT font. Trim to fit the frame (about 2 1/4" x 3").
- Use a Sofft tool with Pineapple Smoothie PanPastel to shade the edges.
- Use Deep Lilac ink to stamp the small flower cluster from the Love Life stamp set two to three times in the lower left and upper right corners.
- Glue the greeting to the back of the vintage frame.
- Center and adhere the frame to the front of the card.
- Use the 3D Flowers template and trace one small and one large ruffled rose onto Cool Pool cardstock. Cut them out, then ink the edges with Turbo Teal ink.
- Use tweezers or a quilling tool to create the roses.
- Cut two leaves from Lemon Grass cardstock using the Botanical Leaves cutting die.
- Glue the leaves and roses to the lower left corner of the frame.
- Use detail scissors to cut a fringe along one edge of the 1/4" yellow quilling strip.
- Use a quilling tool and a 1/8" blue quilling strip to create small (just under 1/4") flower centers.
- Adhere the fringed strip to the blue center and continue for 5 to 6 more turns or when you feel like there are enough petals. Glue the end and remove from the quilling tool
- Make 4 more daisies the same way.
- Use the two leaf and three leaf dies from the Flower Frenzy die set to cut two sets of leaves.
- Adhere the leaves and daisies to the upper right corner of the frame as shown.
Materials and Supplies
- 12 Flower Frenzy Cutting Dies (Paper Artist)
- Botanical Leaves Cutting Die (HOTP)
- Journey Craft Glue *
- Journey Foam Squares - Medium *
- Banana Cream Cardstock *
- Cool Pool Cardstock *
- Lemon Grass Cardstock *
- Pretty Pansy Cardstock *
- Confectionary Days PanPastels *
- Rich Sorbets PanPastels *
- Victorian Accent Bloom Benefit
- Clear Pigment Ink Pad *
- Deep Lilac ink pad *
- Turbo Teal ink pad *
- Easter Blessings Stamp set *
- Easter Blessings Die set *
- Love Life Stamp Set
- 5 1/2 inch paper doily
- 7 1/2 inch paper doily
- 1/4 inch quilling paper - yellow
- 1/8 inch quilling paper - light blue
- Dancing Wildflowers stamp set (HOTP)
- Fancy Patterns Stamp Set (HOTP)
- Tea Stain distress ink (Ranger)
- 3D Flowers template (HOTP)
- Dauber Dowel Small *
- Quilling tool
* denotes an affiliate link - see my disclosure for details.