Raise your hand if you have a stockpile of unfinished projects in your craft room. If your hand isn't up, you probably lie about other things too :). Some of mine are really old. For example, way back in 2004 I purchased a quilling kit (I know because I found the receipt when I was cleaning last week). Last fall, I decided to finally compete all of the projects in the kit and I did, but I didn't use them on anything. I just had a bunch of unused 3" x 3" quilled pictures. Last weekend as I surveyed my growing unfinished project pile, I decided I needed to do something about it. I told myself that for every new project I start, I have to finish at least one existing project first (we shall see how long THAT lasts!) So, inspired by my recent Mystery Box freebies, I grabbed one of my quilled creations and came up with this cute card.
Of course, a quilled card can't be put in a flat envelope, so I used my Box Envelope Tool to create a perfectly sized envelope.
Frame Instructions:These instructions are for a 5" square frame with a 4.25" opening. They can easily be modified to fit any size artwork. The quilled artwork I used is on a 3" x 3" square.
- Select a piece of patterned paper for the frame. Cut a 4 3/4" square from it, then cut a 4 1/4" square from the center to create a frame.
- Cut a piece of Pineapple Smoothie card stock to 10.5" x 5".
- Score at 5" and 5.5"
- Score a 3.5" square 3/4" in from the top and bottom and one end
- Score a 3" square in the center of the 3/4" square.
- Cut diagonally from opposite corners of the 3.5" square
- Mountain fold the 5", 5.5" and outer square score lines/
- Valley fold the inner square score lines to create four v-shaped flaps. You will glue the back of your artwork to these.
- Add the frame you created from the patterned paper around the opening before proceeding.
- Mat your 3" x 3" artwork on a piece of 3.25: x 3.25" hammered gold paper.
- Add the matted artwork to a 3.5" card stock square and glue this to the four v-flaps. The back side will look like this:
- Embellish the frame with thin line dazzles and journey twine.
Create the bottom flap:
- Cut the second largest hexagon from Dark Roast card stock
- Cut the third largest hexagon from Pineapple Smoothie card stock
- Cut the smallest hexagon from Banana Cream card stock
- Stamp Bee Happy on the smallest hexagon.
- Randomly stamp honeycombs on the Pineapple Smoothie and Banana cream hexagons using Pineapple Smoothie ink.
- Affix the Pineapple Smoothie Hexagon to the center of the Dark Roast hexagon.
- Pop the small Banana Cream hexagon up on Journey Foam Squares and position near the lower right side of the Pineapple Smoothie hexagon.
- Attach the Dark Roast hexagon to the back of the card with Flip Flop Fasteners.
- Pineapple Smoothie card stock *
- Banana Cream card stock *
- Butter Cream card stock *
- Pineapple Smoothie ink pad *
- Dark Roast ink pad *
- Honeycomb ATS *
- Harvest Days Prints 6 x 6 Paperpack (discontinued)
- Journey Thread Gold *
- Hexagons Die Set *
- Hammered Gold Paper (Paper Wishes)
- Gold Thin line Dazzles (Paper Wishes)
- Flip Flop Fasteners (Paper Wishes)