Sunday, August 18, 2019

Who Doesn't Love a Unicorn?

I decided to try something different while I had my quilling kit out.  I've stuck to flowers in the past, but this time I decided to try a picture and what better subject than a unicorn? I found some clip art online and used it as the base. I started out by pinning a strip around the outline of the head, then filled it in. Figuring out just HOW to fill it in was quite the learning process.


If I were to do it over, I'd change the forelock to have larger, looser curls like the mane, but overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautifully donw. Quilling has been on my to do list for a long time. I even have some of the supplies. (It's looke too difficult for me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely try it. It is not nearly as difficult as it looks.

      Delete