Sunday, August 4, 2019

Birdhouse With Quilled Flowers

I was cleaning my craft room the other day and found my box of quilling papers.  I also re-discovered my birdhouse cutting die.  It seemed like a perfect pairing, so I got to work.


I cut the main part of the birdhouse from Pool Play cardstock* and the roof from Pumpkin Bread cardstock*.  The shingles were cut using the Border Basics die set*

Most of the quilling was done using Juya quilling paper. I used 3" strips for the flower petals and leaves.  The stems vary from 3" - 5".  They're all very basic shapes.  It had been quite a while since I had done any quilling, so they're not all consistent.  Here's a closer look.

 


I used up most of my black strips for the "hole" in the front of the birdhouse and I made a couple skinny pegs from brown paper and stacked them for the perch under the hole.


All in all, it was a fun project and I think the resulting birdhouse is adorable. I think I will fill it with treats and give it to one of my bird loving friends.

Item List

Juya quilling paper
Quilling tool
White glue

1 comment:

  1. Pretty flowers! I guess I need to clean my craft room and see what I might find find...Yikes!

    ReplyDelete