Saturday, January 12, 2019

Mice to Know You!

Valentine's day is coming soon and here is an adorable card you can make for a friend or loved one.


Isn't that little mouse cute?  It's part of a set of four critters from the Valentine Pals stamp set* from Fun Stamper's Journey.  If you don't like fussy cutting there's also a matching die set.*

Construction:

 I started with a Sweet Berry* card base and added a background I made several months ago using Liquid Color and photo paper.  You can read more about that technique HERE..

Next, I cut a 1.25" x 4" border strip from a sheet out of the Follow Your Heart Prints paper pack* and adhered that about 1/2" up from the bottom of the card.  I positioned the small striped strip from Deco Strips - Black Sticker Strips* about 1/4" down from the top of the gray border.

Then, I used the medium sized heart from the Decorative Hearts die set* to cut a heart from Bubble Gum cardstock* and a background from Whip Cream cardstock*.  Then, starting from the outer edges, I inked each of them with Sweet Berry true color fusion ink* so that the outer edges are darker than the centers.  Once that was done, I adhered the two pieces together and adhered them, slightly tilted, to the left side of the card.

I stamped the mouse onto Whip Cream cardstock* and colored it with Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers: IG1, IG2, FS5, and BP2. After coloring it I used the die from the the matching die set* and popped it up on medium foam squares* on the right side of the heart.

I used the smallest heart from the Heart Felt die set* to cut a heart from Rustic Rose cardstock* and stamped "Mice to know you" from the Valentine Pals stamp set*. I popped that up on medium foam squares* just above and to the right of the large heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment