Saturday, November 24, 2018

Coffee Filter Rose

For Thanksgiving this year, my son set an empty place in honor of a soldier he lost from his unit and he asked me for a rose to include in the place setting.  There is quite a bit of symbolism to each item at the table and he didn't have all of them this year but he plans to make this a tradition every year.
Not knowing about the tradition beforehand, I did not realize the rose was supposed to be red, so it was white this year. I made it from a large coffee filter and I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt.  Several people asked me for a tutorial, so here it is.

The coffee filter I used is enormous, but you could use any size filter. Why do I have such enormous filters? A friend of a friend ordered the wrong size and rather than send them back, gave them to me. I've been trying to figure out what to do with them ever since.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful rose. So sorry to hear of the loss but what a wonderful way to tribute and a way to honor and remember.

    ReplyDelete