Saturday, November 10, 2007

More Embroidery Patterns!

I love the look of embroidery on paper, especially when it comes to Christmas cards. After making the red ornament using my Coluzzle template for the shape, I thought it would be fun to come up with some shapes of my own, so I opened up my favorite drawing program and went to work. This is one of the ornaments I came up with.

purpleornament

When I created the pattern, I used extra fine lines and I used gray for the pricking pattern so that it can be printed directly on the cardstock. I used metallic floss for the stitching on the ornament and green rayon floss for the tree branch.

I finished the stitching first and then cut the ornament out. After I cut it out, I thought it looked like it was missing something, so I found a darker purple to mount it on and cut it out leaving a 1/8" border around the ornament.

The top of the ornament is made from a short piece of silver ribbon and the bow is made from 1/8" gold wired edge ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment