Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Creative Way To Use Flower Punches

A couple years ago I bought a Cornercopia.  It is a device that works with most punches for punching corners.  I played with it a little bit, but I soon lost interest and it found it's place on the bottom shelf and there it has stayed, largely undisturbed until recently.

I was cleaning my craft area last week and stumbled across it again so I started experimenting with various punches.  Here is my latest creation.

he501

This card went together very fast and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.  I punched the corners of the red foreground paper using my Cornercopia with a one inch flower punch.  After I glued the red foreground onto the green background,  I thought the corners looked rather bare, so I took the punch outs and glued them into the corners of the green background paper.  I really like the way it turned out.

The frame around the reindeer is made from four punched flowers, cut in half.  The two green flowers were punched with a Marvy one and one half inch flower punch and the two red flowers were punched with All Night Media's one inch flower punch.

Other items used:

  • Reindeer stamp (manufacturer unknown)
  • Merry Christmas stamp from Inkadinkadoo's Holiday Expressions stamp set.
  • Stampendous detail silver embossing powder
  • Marvy Embossing Heat Tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment