Monday, September 13, 2021

Scrap pile challenge: Using digital images

I have a confession to make. I am a clip-art junkie!  I have thousands of images but do I use them? Rarely! 

The third rule in my scrap pile challenge is to use things I already have and that includes digital images. Thanks to my inability to turn down anything free I have a lifetime supply of 4 x 6 photo paper so that's what I use to print clip art.  The colors are so much more vibrant than when I print on cardstock. 

Here are three of the cards I made using clipart I bought from PcCrafter over 10 years ago (that's how long ago they closed up shop). 


I love the bright red and deep purple in this image and I repeated them in my cardstock selection.


Both the bouquet and the panel that holds the bouquet are popped up on foam tape to give the card dimension.


How can you NOT smile with this little guy staring back at you?

So stinkin' cute!

Here's another card were I used vellum to soften the background.  This little squirrel was lost in the leaves until I added the torn vellum layer. I wrapped the vellum around the edges of the patterned paper and adhered it to the back so there's no adhesive showing through.

Next, I popped the squirrel and three leaves up on foam squares.
It's fall, Let's dance!

Now it's your turn. Dig into your collection of clip art and create something!









No comments:

Post a Comment