Here is a sympathy card I made recently for a friend. The flowers are made from parchment. I've always admired parchment work, but I've only done one other piece. This card is an extremely simple example of parchment work which is usually much more elaborate.
Here's a closer look at the flowers.
Here's what I used to make the card:
- Parchment paper
- Flower pattern from PCCrafter's Daisy Bears collection by Lori Gardner
- Coluzzle regular and large nested circle templates.
- Green vellum for the leaves
- Paper from David Walker Studios
- Small, medium and large ball embossing tools.
- White gel pen
After making the card I found this excellent tutorial for doing parchment work and discovered several things I did wrong!