Monday, January 19, 2009

Some Bunny Loves You!

I had the day off today, so of course, I spent some time making cards.  Here is a Valentine's card I made that combines iris folding and 3-D decoupage.

 Some Bunny Loves You - Valentine's card with Iris fold heart and 3-d decoupage bunny

For the iris folding, I drew a heart with one of my graphics programs and used it as a pattern for the cut-out.  I used the largest triangle from my iris folding triangle template which can be found here:
http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/pdf/triangleIris.pdf

The iris folding paper is gift wrap I purchased some time ago at the dollar store.

For the crowning touch, I used this little bunny from Colleen Parry's Petals and Patches collection at PCCrafter.  Isn't she adorable?  The decoupage was done in five layers and didn't take very long at all.  When using more than three layers for decoupage, I use card stock between the layers instead of double-stick foam squares, otherwise it makes the card too thick to mail.

3-D decoupage bunny

List of materials:

  • A2 Red glittered card blank from DCWV
  • White card stock (print the bunny on this)
  • Pink card stock (print Some Bunny Loves You on this)
  • Fiolex Girls font
  • X-Acto knife
  • Drawing software (or draw heart free-hand)
  • Three different colors of giftwrap cut in 1" wide strips (about 18" of each color)
  • Heart jewel
  • PSX Mini heart brads
  • 5 copies of Bunny from the Petals and Patches collection at PCCrafter printed about 3 inches high.
  • Precision tip scissors
  • Glue

You can find detailed instructions for iris folding here:
http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/irisinst.html

1 comment: