Sunday, January 12, 2020

Bicycle Get Well Greeting

Here's a card to make for a bicycle loving friend who is feeling under the weather.

All of the items I used are from my stash and while some, like the bicycle, are no longer available, I've included links to the products I used as well as alternatives at the end of this post.

Materials List:
  • Paper Wishes Bicycle cutting die
  • Flowers from my stash
  • Unbranded Tree Embossing folder
  • Green and brown Pan Pastels from the Mother Nature set.
  • Blue, Whip Cream, Brush Silver, Black Licorice, Candy Apple and brown cardstock.
  • Double stick foam squares
  • Stampabilities Everyday Expressions stamp set

I cut the bicycle from red, black and brush silver cardstock and layered them starting with the silver on the bottom.  I cut away the pieces of the red and black layers and glued them to the silver layer.

The tree was made with an unbranded embossing folder. I embossed it onto pale blue cardstock and colored it with Mother Nature PanPastels.  The dirt path is just a strip of brown cardstock.  I added some flowers to the basket, then popped the bicycle up on foam squares. I could have made punched flowers but I've had those flowers for 15 years or more.  They needed to be used!

The sentiment is from Stampabilities Everyday Expressions that I picked up at Hobby Lobby last week.  I think I will be using it a lot.  It has over 60 words on it.  I stamped it onto Whip Cream cardstock with Black Licorice ink and cut around it with my detail scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment