Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ombre Tea Tin

I enjoy drinking tea and usually have several types of loose tea on hand.  A few months ago, I found some loose tea at Grocery Outlet in a 3 tier tin.  I was far more interested in the tin than the contents and the price was right (I think it was around $3.00).  The tea was awful as expected, but I have 3 more tins for less than the price I would have paid for one at some of those fancy tea shops.  Today, I decided that I wanted to give the tin a face lift, so off to the craft room I went.  As I was sorting through my paper, I spotted a 12x12 sheet of Color Me Gold Flourish paper from PaperWishes and knew in an instant what I wanted to do with it.  I’ve been seeing  a lot of items using the ombre graduated coloring technique and the challenge at PaperWishes this week is to make something with that technique.  Next I needed to decide what medium to use and I settled on my metallic cream chalk set.  I cut a piece of paper 7.5” x 12” and started coloring.  The process took a while, but it’s fun to watch the colors blend together and I really like the end result.

 TeaTin20140111b

I made the labels using the 6 Layered Labels and 2 Swirls cutting die set from PaperWishes.  I cut the large labels from card stock an then cut an acetate cover for each one.  I used eyelets to attach the acetate to the card stock.  I cut the smaller white labels from card stock and used repositionable adhesive on the backs.  That way, I can switch out the labels if I change the tin contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment