Saturday, May 25, 2013

Memorial Day Wreath

Today, my ESL kids made these wreaths for Memorial Day. I got the idea for the wreath from Enchanted Learning and I found the poem at Apples4TheTeacher.com.  I used the Attach to Shape feature in MyMemories Suite 4 to make the poem star shaped.  It’s really easy to do, you just add a text box with your text, add a shape, select them both, right click and select Attach to Shape from the context menu. 

The wreath is very simple to make, especially if you have an electronic cutter.  I used my eCraft.  The shapes are basic shapes that most machines come with.

MemorialDayWreath

Obviously, you could make this just about any size, but I started with a 7” circle with a 5.5” cut-out for the base.  I sized the stars to 2.5”, 2” and 1.5” and cut them from red, blue and white card stock.  I randomly glued the stars around the circle and then when I was done, I added the poem to the front and a hanger to the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment