Monday, June 4, 2012

First Zentangle Card

The criteria for the June swap at Paper Wishes is to make a card with only one layer, minimal embellishments, only two colors and at least two stamps.  I was stumped at first and then I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to practice Tangling.  What I came up with is really a hybrid, since it's not entirely hand drawn.  I did, after all, need to use stamps.

zentangle20120604

All of the plants and the greeting are stamped.  Everything else is drawn.  I used my 15 Butterflies and Dragonflies and my 15 Lovely Labels templates to draw the butterfly and label outlines.   I definitely need to work on my shading technique, but I do like the way the butterfly pops off the card, so I must’ve done something right. This was a really fun card to make, but was also very time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment