Monday, March 28, 2011

Layered Tea Bag Fold Medallions

I am terrible with tea bag tiles.  I will print them out, and sometimes even cut them out, and then not use them.  I have a notebook full of pre-printed pre-cut tiles that has been gathering dust on my bookshelf.  Today I grabbed that notebook and told myself that I had to make something from my pre-printed tiles.  I looked through my collection and found some tiny green and orange ones that looked very spring-like and decided to start with those.  Here is the end result:

tb20110327

The tiles for this medallion are 3/4” which is kind of small for tea bag folding, but works perfectly for this medallion. The medallion has three layers and I used a simple kite fold for everything except the center, which is a layered star.

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. I know just what you mean, I have a book with some teabag tiles too...that are on my "someday" list...and that Someday never seems to come around. Not enough hours in my day...smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your wonderful patterns. I am relatively new to teabag folding, so I jumped online to find some inspiration, and came across your "triple star". I am so pleased with the way my card turned out! thanks for sharing your pattern...

    ReplyDelete