Saturday, August 28, 2010

Embroidered Poinsettia

One of the things I have been trying to do with my website redesign is update the descriptions and instructions for my cards.  Last night I was looking at my Embroidered Eight Point Star and trying to remember how I stitched it well enough to write instructions.  I decided it would be easiest just to make another card and while I was at it, it might as well be a Christmas card.

I chose the colors based on a beautiful variegated poinsettia my sister and I bought for our mother last year, then I found the perfect background paper in the Christmas Stack from DCWV.

my cards 005

The whole thing took about 2 hours start to finish even with my lousy eyesight.  If you’d like to try one of your own, you can find the pattern and instructions here: http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/card.php?card_id=00182.

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, makes me want to get out my needle and thread...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great stuff do you have any new patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sadly, my day job has kept me very busy, so I have had very little time to create anything. I keep hoping to get back into my creative space, but I don't see that happening for at least another year.

      Delete