Saturday, August 15, 2009

Peace on Earth

Ah, finally, the creative juices are beginning to flow again.  It's good to be back!  The design for this card just popped into my head and I had to get it out before it vanished.  I used some clip-art from PcCrafter as a pattern for the dove.  I traced the body and the wing separately onto white paper, cut them out and then used distress ink to shade them.  I rounded the edges with a large-ball embossing tool to give them some dimension and then mounted them on the background using foam squares.

 200908153DDove

I did the writing on the ornament with a metallic silver pen I bought several years ago from Creative Memories.  At the time, I thought the set of four pens was awfully expensive, but they were well worth every penny.  They write so smoothly, they dry fast and they never clog.

The writing isn't quite freehand.  I used Printmaster to format it in a circular shape, then I printed it out and used my light box to trace the basic lettering onto the ornament in pencil before finishing it with the metallic pen.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Girl!! So nice to see your Mojo back! YAY!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to see the tip about how you did the ornament.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete