Saturday, March 21, 2009

Moose Silhouette

Tomorrow is my oldest son's 23rd birthday.  How time flies!  As I sat down this afternoon to make his card, I was at a loss for what to do.  Cards for guys have always been a challenge.  Recently I saw some really pretty silhouette cards on one of the groups I belong to, so I decided to make one of those, but instead of using flowers I wanted used his favorite animal, the moose.

I searched through my clip art files and found the perfect image. Here is the result:

001

Materials Used:

  • 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" gold card blank
  • 4 x 5 1/4 brown card stock
  • scraps of blue, brown, green and dark green handmade paper.
  • x-acto knife
  • Precision point scissors (like Cutter Bee)
  • Gold border stickers
  • Gold Happy Birthday sticker

Instructions:

  • Find a suitable image for the silhouette
  • Draw a frame around the image, making sure that part of the image touches each side of the frame.  This is your pattern.
  • If your card stock is light enough, you can use a light box to trace the pattern onto the card, otherwise, use temporary adhesive to stick the pattern to the card.
  • Cut around the pattern with an x-acto knife or precision scissors, making sure not to cut the parts of the image that touch the edges of the frame.
  • Layer torn pieces of handmade paper behind the silhouette.
  • Add gold border sticker and gold Happy Birthday sticker
  • Mount on gold card blank.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great card, and a great idea...thank you for sharing...and Happy Birthday to your son...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH My this is GORGEOUS! You are too much, girl....

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love silhouettes and this moose card is the greatest. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete