Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lighthouse at Sunset

I bought a watercolor paint kit about a year and a half ago thinking that I would like to learn how to paint.  During one of my rare craft-room cleaning frenzies, the kit ended up being stashed away in a big rubbermaid storage tub with the intent that I would retrieve it at some future date when I had time to play.  Well, this weekend was the time.  I rediscovered a lighthouse stitching pattern that I created several years ago, and decided that I wanted to stitch it again, but this time with a sunset in the background.

  lighthouse20080330

The painting was a bit of a challenge.  I think the last time I painted anything was in middle school a few decades ago.  The watercolor kit had some pretty good instructions, though, and considering how long it's been, I think I did a halfway decent job of it.

If you'd like a copy of the lighthouse pattern, you can find it at http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/embrinst.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment