Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year Resolutions

Actually, I prefer to make goals rather than resolutions.  Goals are attainable.  Resolutions, for me, carry negative connotations.  One of my goals this year is to keep up with my friends' and family's birthdays and anniversaries.

Today, I made two cards, one is an anniversary card and the other is a birthday card.  Both cards have an image stamped on a vellum "window." 

For the anniversary card, I used a heart stamp and embossed it with silver embossing powder.  I used my deckle-edged ruler to tear the edges of the vellum, the mat and the background. 

Anniversary20070105

The card stock I used for the mat has a white core which makes a nice effect for the torn edge.  The background paper is from the Stack III collection from Die Cuts With A View.  I layered the background paper and mat on the card blank and cut out a 2" x 1.5" window in the center before adding the stamped vellum.

For the birthday card, I stamped and embossed a bouquet of roses onto vellum, then I used watercolor pens to color the roses and the ribbon.

birthday20070105

I cut out an oval from blue card stock with my Coluzzle oval template.  The background paper for this card is also from the Stack III collection from Die Cuts With A View.

I centered and glued the oval to the background paper and then glued the background paper to the card blank using temporary adhesive so that I could take the layers apart after cutting the window.  I used my Coluzzle oval template again to cut the window.  After cutting the window, I carefully separated the background layer from the card blank.  Next, I inserted the stamped vellum between the card blank and the background and used permanent adhesive to glue the background to the card blank, making sure to line up the openings.

No comments:

Post a Comment