Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Butterfly and Flowers

See? I warned you!  I am definitely in butterfly mode!  This card is the result of this week’s sketch challenge at Just Cards.  I really had no idea what I was going to do for this one.  I started by going through my stack of card blanks and grabbing the color I like least.  After I selected it, I realized that the marbled paper I made earlier this week would go very well with it.

butterfly20120123

Since the paper had turquoise in it, I decided that turquoise would be my secondary color.  My third color, yellow, is also in the background paper.  I made the butterfly as an experiment.  the gold outline is a left-over from a butterfly dazzle.  I stuck it onto a piece of cardstock and painted it with Smooch ink. I really hadn’t intended to use it on this card, until I realized that it had both orange and blue in it.  The 3D flower stickers are from a package I’ve had for a couple years.

No comments:

Post a Comment