Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Green" Cleaning

Ever since I took a Sustainablilty class last spring, I have tried to seek out environmentally friendly alternatives for solving every day problems whenever possible.  Sometimes it is surprising how simple it can be.

After I finished up my shaker cards a couple nights ago, I was left with a pair of very sticky scissors because I used them for cutting the double-sided foam picture hanging tape.  My first thought was to try nail polish remover, but then I started thinking about all of the chemicals involved and decided to try something different.

I don't know why I thought of it, perhaps I read it somewhere, but it seemed like vegetable oil just might do the trick.  I put a little spot of oil on a towel, began rubbing it on the blades and in no time I had a pair of clean, oiled scissors.  They cut better now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment