I absolutely love how the Fun Stamper’s Journey products are color coordinated. This card features Rich Sorbets papers with the coordinating PanPastels. Having a coloring medium that matches my papers makes it so much easier to achieve the results I am looking for. PanPastels are so fun to work with and are very forgiving. If you make a mistake, just erase it. I like to use a kneaded eraser for fine details, but a regular eraser will work too.
- Oops! ATS (AT-0206)
- Butter Cream (CS-0006)
- Summer Days(CS-0033)
- Blue Lagoon(CS-0004)
- Beach Ball(CS-0088)
TRUE COLOR FUSION INK
- Black Licorice (IP-0041)
- Rich Sorbets PanPastels (JM-0082)
- Journey Sofft tools (JM-0098) - a set is included with the PanPastels
- Kneaded eraser
- Journey Rectangles Die Set (DI-0041)
- Journey Circles Die Set (DI-0039)
- Journey Foam Squares (AD-0084 and AD-0085)
- White Liner (AD-0001)
- Journey Craft Glue (AD-0111)
- Journey Sequins Blue Skies (AC-0113)
STAMPING, COLORING and CUTTING
- Stamp the fish onto Butter Cream cardstock with Black Licorice ink.
- Color the fish with Summer Days and Pumpkin Bread PanPastels. Color the fish's cheeks with Sweet Berry PanPastel. Use an eraser to clean up any mistakes.
- Use the Journey Circles die set to cut one 1 3/4" and three 1" circles from Beach Ball cardstock.
- I used my stamp positioner for the following steps to make it easier, but they can be done without one.
- Stamp, "Oops! I did it again..." on a piece of scrap paper.
- Center the large (3.75") circle over the stamped words.
- Stamp the sentiment on the large circle.
If you're not using a stamp positioner, remove the large circle before proceeding.
- Arrange the smaller circles as shown in the picture and stamp the sentiment again.
- Shade the edges of the circles with Huckleberry Fusion PanPastel.
- Detail cut around the fish.
- Cut an 8.5" x 11" rectangle from Summer Days cardstock and score at 4.25" for the card base.
- Use the largest Journey Rectlangle die with the corresponding piercing die to cut a rectangle from Blue Lagoon cardstock.
- Draw seaweed on the Blue Lagoon rectangle with Kiwi Slice Pan Pastel.
- Add a sandy sea floor with Summer Days and Pumpkin Bread PanPastels. Outline the seaweed with a fine point black marker (I used a Sakura Pigment Micron .01 pen).
- Use White Liner tape to attach the Blue Lagoon background to the card base.
- Pop the fish up on Journey Foam squares and attach it to the background.
- Glue the, “I did,” circle directly to the background as shown, making sure to leave enough room for the rest of the circles.
- Pop up the large circle up on Journey Foam Squares and align it over the smaller circle so the words line up.
- Pop up the remaining two stamped circles on Jouney Foam Squares and align them over the large circle. U se a double layer of Journey Foam Squares under the edges that extend past the large circle.
- Add some sparkle with Blue Sky sequins.