A couple weeks ago, I went into a card making frenzy, mainly because my cousin talked me into attempting to sell my cards at a bazaar. That turned out to be a total bust. It was the first year for the bazaar and we had a grand total of about 50 people who showed up. On the bright side, I’m that much closer to having all my Christmas cards done! Here is one design I came up with that goes together fairly quickly.
Not wanting to make a whole bunch of identical cards, I came of with several variations so I wouldn’t get bored. Here’s another one.
I didn’t have a suitable banner die, so I improvised. I made the banner using the same Nestabilities Labels 2 die that I used for the ornament background. After making the first cut, I repositioned the die and ran it through again. The shading is done with Tea Dye distress ink.
I made the ornament with a Cuttlebug ornament die and cut the centers out using different shaped Nestabilities dies (oval and scalloped oval shown here). The Cuttlebug die has been discontinued, but I think the Nestabilities Heirloom Ornament would work.
I used a Nestabilities scalloped oval die to cut the shapes for the string art, and centered them under the ornament cut-out. If you use a round opening, you can also use the Nestabilities pinked circles for the string art. Here’s one I made using the Blossom die for the opening and the pinked circle for the string art.