Sunday, May 27, 2012

Zentangle

Huh?  What’s that?  It’s doodling on steroids, that’s what it is, and I think I'm hooked.  I saw some Zentangles on a Paper Wishes webisode a while back and the technique looked like fun, so I bought a book on it called Totally Tangled.  After reading the first couple of pages and looking at some examples, I could hardly wait to give it a try.  Typically, you’d start out with black and white, but not wanting to be typical, I went straight to coloring mine with Copic markers.

zentangle1

This is the first one I’ve finished and it’s based on one of the designs in the book.  I have another half done one on my desk that’s black and white and will probably stay that way.  Oh, and there are a few more that I did while sitting through one of our ever-so-interesting staff meetings last week, but they were just for practice and are on lined paper, so they don’t count.

It’s really much easier to do than it looks.  My main challenge is my lousy eyesight.  I drew most of this with my nose about six inches from the paper.  That makes for a very stiff neck!  I guess it’s time for some new glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment