Friday, October 8, 2010

Tea Bag Christmas Cards

After figuring out and writing up the tea bag folding instructions for the Open Center Star, I ended up with three completed medallions that I needed to do something with. I wanted to mat them and put them on a shiny background, but didn’t have any paper I liked, so I started rummaging through my gift wrap collection and found several rolls of metallic paper in various colors. Perfect!

scan0007

Next, I glued the gift wrap to some medium weight card stock, got out my Cuttlebug and embossed it.  I am very happy with the results and it cost a fraction of what it would have if I had run out and bought the “right” stuff.  Yes, I know, it’s not acid free, but I’m using it to make Christmas cards and I don’t think any of them will be saved for long.  I would not do this for photos.

I used silver for the next card…

my cards 001

… and red for the last one.

scan0008

I have a few more colors to try, so you’ll probably be seeing them here sometime in the near future.

2 comments: