Monday, December 15, 2008

Who Needs a Wreath Stamp?

This evening, I wanted to make a card with a Christmas wreath on it, but I don't have a wreath stamp.  The roads are still pretty icy, so a trip to Michael's wasn't an option.  I decided to improvise and here's what I came up with.

20081215

Not bad for a daisy stamp, huh?  I just drew a circle on the card and stamped away.  I found another stamp that somewhat resembled a poinsettia. I stamped it on red and then on green for the leaves, cut them out, stuck them together and voila! A poinsettia.  The bow was made using my Coluzzle nested bow template.  I never have really liked it in the past, but this time I decided to use my embossing tool on it to give it some dimension and I think it came out rather nice.  The Season's Greetings stamp is from Inkadinkadoo.

2 comments:

  1. I meant to comment on this card ages ago! I think it's way bettern than a wreath stamp because it's different. It made me feel cheerful and I didn't even know why. Must be the daisies :)

    Carol
    Extreme Cards and Papercrafting
    http://extremecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, "bettern" all right. Nice typing :/

    ReplyDelete