Monday, February 25, 2008

In retrospect, the glitter was probably a bad idea...

Today's project was an iris folded shamrock.  I wanted to get the card and pattern done and posted this weekend because I'm traveling for business this week, Minneapolis in February.  I will try to contain my enthusiasm.  Not that I don't like Minneapolis, mind you, I've been there in June and found it quite nice.  I just don't like the cold and last I checked the high temperatures for the week were forecasted to be well below freezing.

But enough of that.  When I was nearly finished with my card, I realized that it was missing something and I got a (not so) brilliant idea.  I decided that adding a touch of gold around the edges would look nice.

I recently bought some Art Institute glitter and have been looking for an excuse to use it.  This seemed like a good opportunity. I added a little glue around the edges of the card and sprinkled on the glitter.  Oh my, what a mess!  Is there a trick to using this stuff so that it doesn't get EVERYWHERE? 

Here is the result.

ifshamrock02242008

The glitter doesn't show up all that well in the picture, but trust me, it's there... and all over my desk... and on my clothes... and in my hair!

If you'd like to try making this shamrock, you can find the pattern at:

http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/irisfoldinst.php

I don't recommend the glitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment