Saturday, February 23, 2008

Embroidered Shamrock Card

I wish I could say that I'm writing this post because I finished my homework.  The truth is, when I tried to open my project, (which is inside a program on the university's network, so I have no way to back it up myself) it was gone!  Completely gone.  I was totally stunned. I have been working on this project for the past two weeks and I was almost done. It is due Monday.  I am NOT a happy camper!  I am praying that they have a backup and that my professor will let me turn in the assignment late.

Since homework was out of the question, I decided to finish my card and write instructions instead. Here it is.

shamrock02232008

You can find the instructions at http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/embrinst.php

I used the medium shamrock pattern on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.  The first two layers were stitched with green rayon embroidery floss and the third layer was stitched with gold thread. 

The shamrock paper is from one of ProvoCraft's collections and the background is a textured gold foil I bought at a local department store about a year ago. The circles were cut with my coluzzle small and large nested circle templates.

I printed the greeting with my printer, traced it with an embossing pen and embossed it with gold embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment