Monday, August 27, 2012

Wishing you Peace Love and Joy

I really, really dislike tossing plastic packaging in the trash so I was trying to figure out what I could make with it today.  I put a piece of it in an embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug and found that it embosses quite nicely.  I wanted to add a little bit of color, so I grabbed a blue permanent marker (cheap Sharpie knock-off), flipped the embossed piece over and started coloring in the de-bossed areas.  After doing that, I took a piece of paper towel that I had soaked with 91% alcohol and wiped most of the ink off (the trick here, is that it has to be a fairly high percentage of alcohol, the weaker stuff doesn’t work). That left lightly colored snowflakes that showed up nicely against a white background.  Here’s the card that came out of my little experiment.

christmastree20120825

I like how there are snowflakes in front of and behind the tree in the window. 

Here’s the inside. For the sky, I embossed a piece of white-core dark blue card stock and sanded the snowflakes after embossing.  I really like the way it turned out.  The trees are made with white glitter card stock and didn’t scan well.  They look quite a bit better in real life.

christmastreeinside20120825

No comments:

Post a Comment