Monday, July 9, 2012

Altered Playing Cards

A few weeks ago, I attended my uncle’s 88th birthday party.  As with nearly all of the family gatherings on my Dad’s side, we spent a lot of time reminiscing about the good old days and going through scrapbooks.  One of the things my aunt and cousin have started to do is trade altered playing cards.  It looked like a lot of fun, so I asked if I could join in.  A couple weeks later I received my first APC from my aunt.  She decorates both sides of the card.  I don’t know anything about APCs so I don’t know if that’s the way they’re always done.  Here’s what she sent:

DSCF1070aDSCF1072w

Very cool!

A week later I had an unplanned surgery and I received another APC from her.  This one has one of my favorite cartoon characters on it:

DSCF1071wDSCF1073w

Cute, huh?

So, I decided it was high time I sat down and made my first APCs.  As usual, I made them first THEN got the idea to look on the internet to see what other people are doing.  Oops! mine are definitely different than most.  For one, I didn’t have any ephemera (gasp!) so I made do with what I had on hand.  I’ll get some for the next set.  Ephemera seems to be a big thing with APCs.  Here’s what I ended up with.  I made two.  One for my Aunt and one for my cousin.  The theme is Summer.

DSCF1066wDSCF1067wDSCF1069wJPGDSCF1068w

The watermelon is made from red, light green and dark green cardstock.  I made the pitcher and glass with shrink plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment