Friday, January 20, 2012

Butterflies!

I had the day off from work today so of course, that means crafty time!  For a little inspiration, I checked out the current sketch over at Just Cards.  I’ve been wanting to use more of my Paper Wishes templates, so I selected the 15 Butterflies and Dragonflies, 15 Lovely Labels and Layered Labels templates. I also threw in some smooch inks to color the butterflies.  Here’s what I came up with.

butterflies20120120

It took quite a bit of practice to figure out how to color with the inks.  The large butterfly is the first one I did.  I think I like the technique I used on the smaller butterflies better.  I’m sure you will be seeing more of those here. They are really quite fun to make!

Everything on this card except the top and bottom corners, the lacy border across the center, and the holes in the corners of the red label is hand cut.  It wasn’t all that difficult either.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun. Lucky you. Your card is lovely, esp. The coloring.

    ReplyDelete