Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Airbrushed Lighthouse

I used one of the gift certificates I received for Christmas to buy a Copic airbrush.  One of the things I really like about it is that since it uses Copic pens, there’s really no clean-up.  I’m still learning the basics, but what fun! I have quite a collection of brass stencils, so I selected one with a lighthouse on it and here is what I created.

lighthouse20120117

After I removed the stencil from the background, I decided that the overspray made a nice frame, so I added a little more color and cut about 1/4” away from the stencil border.  The yellow card I used for a background isn’t really that bright, I don’t know why it scanned that way, the rest of the colors are about right. It’s closer to the shade of the yellow on the lighthouse lamp.

This was a lot of fun to make and I’m looking forward to collecting some more colors.  Right now, all I have is blue, red, yellow and brown.  They’re fairly expensive, so I’ve been using 40% and 50% off coupons to buy them one at a time from Michaels.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great...I thought about getting an air brush...wasn't sure I wanted to invest in one...my have made me think about it again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    The airbrush was fairly expensive, but I used a 50% off coupon with my gift card, so it wasn't too bad. The pens are also pretty expensive, but that's what coupons are for, right?
    For me, it was well worth the money spent.

    ReplyDelete