Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pink, Purple and Green, Oh My!

I had some free time last Sunday afternoon, so I visited the Sketches thread over at Just Cards for some inspiration.  I decided upon one with diamond shapes across the top.  Here is my rendition:

jcchallenge20110327

The background was made using alcohol inks.  I cut the diamonds using a Coluzzle nested diamonds template.  The embossing was done with a brass template I’ve had for ages.  I was feeling lazy, so I did the embossing by running it through my Cuttlebug with the Nestabilities embossing pad.  It worked very well, but it did curl my template a bit.  I was able to flatten it back out though so no harm done.  After embossing, I used pink distress ink to make the pattern stand out.

1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty. I like the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete