I had some free time last Sunday afternoon, so I visited the Sketches thread over at Just Cards for some inspiration. I decided upon one with diamond shapes across the top. Here is my rendition:
The background was made using alcohol inks. I cut the diamonds using a Coluzzle nested diamonds template. The embossing was done with a brass template I’ve had for ages. I was feeling lazy, so I did the embossing by running it through my Cuttlebug with the Nestabilities embossing pad. It worked very well, but it did curl my template a bit. I was able to flatten it back out though so no harm done. After embossing, I used pink distress ink to make the pattern stand out.