Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cardinal

Coming up with ideas for cards for men is always difficult to for me.  As I was sorting through my scrap pile the other night, I found some good papers for a “man” card but I couldn’t figure out what to do with them until I remembered some Father’s' day clip art I had.  I used this cardinal from PcCrafter’s Father’s Day collection.  The technique is reverse iris folding with 3D decoupage.  I really like the way it turned out.

cardinal20110329

I had always wanted to do this picture in 3-D decoupage, but the thought of all of the detailed cutting kept me from it.  The reverse iris folding gives the card depth without all of the intricate cutting.  After finishing the iris folding, all that was left to cut out was the bird and the branch.  I just love how he pops out of the frame!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice card. I always struggle too with making a masculine card.
    You card gets an A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your site after googling "cut and fold templates." You have kept me busy all day! Now, I don't just want to try cut-and-fold, but iris folding, too! Thank you for the great instructions and patterns! Of course, being a hugsister, I'm all about pccrafter (and so sad that the message board is gone!), but I went from your site on a bunny trail to Dover and back again! Thanks for all the lessons and a fun day! Don't know how you find time for it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's now a day later, and I have to tell you I started simple and made the two heart cut and fold. Never say you can't teach an old dog! It turned out great! Thank you, again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're having so much fun with it Suzi. Now, go post your card on your blog, I wanna see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a NEW follower
    Tuesday was my birthday
    I have blog candy you can win
    Become a follower today
    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete