Saturday, March 26, 2011

Best Friends Forever

I got the idea for this card while thumbing through an old Cardmaker magazine.  The card in the magazine had the pop-up window like this, but just had a flat scene inside the window.  I wanted to give it a bit more of a 3-D look, so I used this cute clip art from PcCrafter’s Friends Forever collection.

20110316swing

Here’s a close-up:

detail 

I carefully cut out the girls on the swing and saved the tree and bunny for the window background.  I glued string to the backs of the swing ropes and taped the ends of the string to the back side of the window opening so that the swing really swings.  For the window background, I cut a picket fence with a Sizzix picket fence steel rule die and added the tree and bunny and some green paper to resemble grass.

I used the paper from window cut-out on the front of the card to frame the sentiment.

ToSusan20110316w

No comments:

Post a Comment