Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Turkey Of A Card

I’ve been playing with Spirelli lately.  The other night I cut out several shapes and decided to chalk them before adding the thread.  most of them I did in pretty pastels, but I chose to do this one in fall colors instead.  After finishing it, it occurred to me that it just might work as tail feathers for a turkey.  I was hoping I had some clip art I could use for the turkey’s head and body, but I ended up making my own.  Here’s how it turned out.

turkey20101105

Everything on this card is hand cut, including the spirelli shape.  I didn’t make a pattern for the turkey, but the spirelli is from a pattern I made quite some time ago.  You can download it here: http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/pdf/StringArt1.pdf

1 comment:

  1. This is really cute. I really like the technique of spirelli but I am never quite sure how to make a card with it. this is a great creative way to do spirelli on a card...thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete