Tomorrow is my oldest son's 23rd birthday. How time flies! As I sat down this afternoon to make his card, I was at a loss for what to do. Cards for guys have always been a challenge. Recently I saw some really pretty silhouette cards on one of the groups I belong to, so I decided to make one of those, but instead of using flowers I wanted used his favorite animal, the moose.
I searched through my clip art files and found the perfect image. Here is the result:
- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" gold card blank
- 4 x 5 1/4 brown card stock
- scraps of blue, brown, green and dark green handmade paper.
- x-acto knife
- Precision point scissors (like Cutter Bee)
- Gold border stickers
- Gold Happy Birthday sticker
- Find a suitable image for the silhouette
- Draw a frame around the image, making sure that part of the image touches each side of the frame. This is your pattern.
- If your card stock is light enough, you can use a light box to trace the pattern onto the card, otherwise, use temporary adhesive to stick the pattern to the card.
- Cut around the pattern with an x-acto knife or precision scissors, making sure not to cut the parts of the image that touch the edges of the frame.
- Layer torn pieces of handmade paper behind the silhouette.
- Add gold border sticker and gold Happy Birthday sticker
- Mount on gold card blank.