Sunday, December 21, 2008

Amigurumi Kitty

We are snowed in for real now.  We got six inches yesterday, then it rained last night, so we have a nice layer of ice on top and now it's snowing again.  Nobody's going anywhere unless they have chains and 4 wheel drive (we have a LOT of hills here).  This wouldn't be too much of a problem, except that I didn't finish my Christmas shopping and the forecast for the rest of the week is more of the same.  One of the two people I haven't shopped for is my granddaughter (BAD grandma!!!).

So, I decided to make something for her this year.  But what? My sewing machine is broken and somehow, I don't think a packet of greeting cards is going to fly with a three year old!  Then I remembered a box of yarn in the front closet.  I did a Google search and found an adorable "Hello Kitty" pattern at Armina's Ami-nals.  It's been ages since I crocheted, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but all things considered, I think it turned out pretty well.

005

It went together surprisingly fast except for the dress, I had a horrible time figuring that part out and ended up stitching it different from the instructions.  I know the dress and bow are supposed to be pink, but I didn't have any pink yarn.  I hope my granddaughter likes it.

If the link above doesn't work, here's the URL for the pattern:
http://arminas-aminals.blogspot.com/2008/03/ami-hello-kitty.html

If you like crochet, Armina has lots of really cute patterns.

2 comments:

  1. THAT is so cute!! I bet Allie LOVES it! Geesh, you never cease to amaze me!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodnes Judy, this Kitty is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete