Sunday, September 21, 2008

Punch Bouquet with Embroidered Border

It's been way too long since I sat down to make cards.  I have been designing some embroidered frames the past few days and this afternoon, I decided to test one of them. 

I stitched the pattern using some variegated metallic blending filament I picked up at JoAnn's several months ago (Kreinik Metallics #95). If you'd like to try it, you can download the pattern here.

After stitching the frame, I used my Coluzzle to cut around it, then mounted it on some patterned paper.  To get ideas for the flower arrangement, I searched the Internet florist sites for bouquets with the colors I wanted. 

Here's the finished product.