Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Quick Iris Fold Birthday Card

I am on a break from school and work this week and have been catching up on all the house and yard work that has been neglected over the past quarter.  One of the things I was determined to do today was clean out my craft area.  For some reason, my craft table is the repository for every piece of paper that comes into my house.  I spent the morning filing, shredding and recycling and finally accomplished my goal.

As I sat down to my empty desktop, I discovered that I just couldn't come up with any good ideas.  Just great, after struggling with writers block most of the quarter, now I have card maker's block.  Maybe this is a sign that I'm too stressed out. 

I decided to rummage through my supplies in search of inspiration and I found some iris folding card blanks I cut out last fall.  I am short on birthday cards, so I chose one with a birthday theme.  This was a good start.  Now to find some paper to go with it.  After rummaging a bit more, I found a book of iris folding papers I forgot I had.  Here is the result...

IFbirthday20080619

The book of iris folding papers is from Search Press and is simply called "Iris Folding." (ISBN 1-84448-114-X) It contains a total of 24 sheets. The colors are green, red, yellow, orange, purple and blue.

You can find iris folding instructions and patterns at http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/irisfoldinst.php.

No comments:

Post a Comment