Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just (barely) in time for Easter!

I have had the patterns finished for these cards for a couple weeks, but did not have time to make them until tonight.  They look a lot harder to make than they actually are.  The two most important tools for the job are a good, sharp craft knife paired with a good cutting mat.

cfeasteregg20080318a cfeasteregg20080318b

These cards were a lot of fun to put together.  I used paper from the Provocraft David Walker Studios Super Slab.  Having coordinating papers really helped me put them together quickly.  The card to the left has a pink background behind the cut-out, but since I wanted to take advantage of the striped effect from the paper on the card on the left, I decided to leave the cut work open open so that the background shows through.

I finished off the cards with corner die cuts I made with my Cuttlebug Victorian die set.  The eggs are decorated with punch outs from some miniature punches I bought at Michael's and with scraps from the corner die cuts.

You can find general instructions for cut and fold on my website at www.handcraftedgreetings.com/cfeaster.html or www.handcraftedgreetings.com/cfbirthday.html.

The materials and equipment I used to make these cards are as follows:

  • Double-sided paper or lightweight card stock (I used blue/dark purple for the first card and yellow/purple for the second card)
  • Solid color to put behind cutout if desired.
  • Patterned scrapbooking paper
  • Sharp craft knife (X-Acto works very well)
  • Cutting Pad
  • Tiny punches (I found most of mine in the dollar bin at Michael's)
  • Cuttlebug Victorian Die set
  • Sizzix (or Cuttlebug, or any other die cutter)
  • Decorative Scissors (for scalloped border around second egg)
  • Coluzzle small nested oval
  • Coluzzle knife
  • Coluzzle cutting mat

No comments:

Post a Comment