Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Starting Out Small

While I've been making cards for several years now, it's only been recently that I started scrapbooking.  Even though the skills and techniques are similar, the thought of filling a 12 x 12 page is pretty intimidating.  In addition to that, there are the albums themselves.  I have several albums with the acid free 4 x 6 photo sleeves and I just can't bear toss them.  I also have several years' worth of 3 x 5 photos that were taken with an old 110mm camera.  Enter the 4 x 6 scrapbook page!

This is a low stakes way for me to practice.  I don't have to worry about ruining a 12 x 12 layout and the photos aren't that great in the first place, so I won't be horribly distraught if I ruin a few.  Here are a couple of pages I put together using Christmas pictures from 1978.

1978Christmas1

1978Christmas2

OK. I'll admit, I could have used a different pattern for the background, but other than that, I think they look allright.  I used clip art from PCCrafter's Good Tidings collection and the font is PC Christmas Train, also from PCCrafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment