Thursday, November 8, 2007

General Purpose Cards

I like to keep a small stock of general purpose card on hand so I am always prepared for life's unexpected events.  One day a short time back, I sat down with some paper scraps and made several variations of this card.

qthinking012707

It's a quick and fun card that is easy to assemble and is also a great way to use up scraps.

Here is what I used:

  • Coluzzle nested raindrop template
  • Coluzzle nested rectangle template
  • Sizzlits buton die
  • All Night Media flower punch
  • Paper Shapers leaf punch
  • Paper Shapers 1/8" circle punch
  • Thinking of You stamp from All Night Media
  • Blue stamp pad

I cut out the petals for the flower using the smallest size raindrop and glued them onto some yellow background paper.  I cut out around the petals, leaving a 1/8" border.  The center of the flower is a button shape cut from the same paper as the background using the Sizzlits button die.

After assembling the flower I used a black pen to draw stitches around each petal.

The card title was stamped with gray-blue ink on a piece of white card stock. I cut it and the background rectangle with the Coluzzle nested rectangle template.

No comments:

Post a Comment